I recently have gotten quite a few messages on how I make my banana ice cream so thick and creamy, so I figured it was the perfect time to write a recipe on it. If you follow me on Instagram, you know how addicted I am to these bowls. I make this about 3 times a week! If you have never made this before I HIGHLY recommend trying it out, it will change your life!!
Plus, warm weather and summer are right around the corner and nothing hits the spot better than some cold ice cream. Luckily this version is completely healthy, loaded with vitamins/minerals, fiber, etc. and contains no added sugars. You can customize the flavor anyway you want, but today I will be showing you how to make one of my favorites, Chocolate Almond Butter Nice Cream!
What you need:
- 2-3 frozen bananas (I break my bananas in half before freezing to help them blend
- 1-2 tablespoons Wild Friends Creamy Almond Butter (or any flavor Wild Friends you like)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder
- a splash of almond milk (or any other nut milk)
- You only really need this if you use a powder, it comes out so much thicker the less liquid you use. Use as little as possible!
- a high-speed blender (Ninja, Vitamix, etc.)
- Patience (:
- Place your serving bowl in the freezer to keep it chilled (optional)
- Chuck your frozen bananas into a high-speed blender and blitz until crumbles form.
- Add in your nut butter, cacao powder and nut milk (if using)
- Blend again
*The mixture will probably look it won’t blend. Have patience and use a spatula to bring the sides towards the center.
- Keep blending and using the spatula to mix until it is thick and creamy
- Spoon the nice cream out into your bowl and throw on your favorite toppings (I used more almond butter, freshly sliced bananas and cacao nibs)
*You can place it in the freezer to have it thicken up even more or make a large batch and save some for later!
Tag me on Instagram (@beazysbites) if you guys try this out and enjoy!