Say hello to your new favorite savory dish 😍 These Thai Peanut Bowls are super flavorful, full of yummy textures, packed with veggies & protein and topped with the most delicious peanut sauce that you'll to want to drizzle on everything!
Thai Peanut Bowls with Rainbow Veggies & Shrimp
For the bowls
- 1 package Rice Noodles
- 1/2 – 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 a zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons
- 1/4 of a purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 of a yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 a jalapeño, cut into small circles
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
For the peanut sauce
- 1/2 cup of Wild Friends Classic Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by boiling some hot water. Add the boiling water to a bowl with the rice noodles. Let soak for at least 20- 25 minutes. Drain off water. Do not over soak.
2. Cook all the shrimp in a hot pan with a tablespoon of olive oil until a light pink. Set aside.
3. Add all the ingredients for the Peanut Sauce into a bowl or jar with a lid and mix until combined. Set aside.
4. To the pan that you cooked the shrimp, add all the veggies except the cilantro and the peanuts. Sauté for about 2 or 3 minutes. Add the rice noodles and as much of the sauce as you’d like. Sauté for another 2- 3 minutes and then remove from heat.
5. Dish up the noodles into bowls, top with the shrimp, cilantro and peanuts. Serve while hot but it’s also very tasty cold! Enjoy
Recipe by @theholisticavocado