Hello my fellow Wild Friend fanatics! This month I got to play around with Wild Friends’ Organic Honey Sunflower Butter and construct a yummy (& insanely easy) recipe. Throughout my experimenting process, I landed on what I call Sweet n’ Salty Power Bites! They’ve been the perfect little snack to keep me going on those days where I need a pick me up. I tend to pop one right after my 5:30am weight lifting class to help replenish my energy until I can shower and make breakfast. I hope you like them as much as I do!
Makes 12 “2-bite” Power Bites
- 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 c. raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 c. raw cashews
- 1/4 c. raw sunflower seeds
- 3 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/3 c. Wild Friends Organic Sunflower Butter
- 3/4 c. Organic Coconut Butter
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/4 c. Cashew Milk, depending on dough consistency
- Optional: add a scoop of protein powder to increase the protein
1. If you have a food processor, go ahead and throw everything together until you achieve a dough.
*If you don’t have a food processor, like me, and only have a ninja/bullet type then blend everything in batches. First, blitz all the nuts together and set in a bowl with the almond flour and shredded coconut. If the coconut isn’t as fine as you’d like, you can always blitz it as well. Next, blitz the dates and coconut butter together, if in a hardened state, warm it up slightly. Now, add all the remaining ingredients into you bowl and mix by hand until well combined. This is where you can determine if you need to add in a little nut milk to help combine everything.
2. Once combined, roll into “2-bite” sized balls. I garnished mine with extra coconut shreds.
3. Place in a air-tight container and refrigerate (up to 1 week) or freeze (1-2 months).