By Jasmine -- @livelymeals
Hear me out ..truffles are one of my favorite things. Especially these! Let me tell you why:
- They have Wild Friends peanut cashew super butter in them.
- They are bite sized and packed with flavor and texture.
Yes, I did say texture because to me, texture is just as important as flavor in food. For some reason I always think that it’s necessary to have that crunch in every dish. I’ll tell you what the crunch is shortly.
These truffles are so good and so easy to make. They require a few simple ingredients and they can be assembled in about 20 minutes or less. They can also be eaten in about 20 minutes if you put them in front of the right group of people.
- 1 cup Wild Friends Peanut Cashew Super Butter
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- ½ cup crushed pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Then place the mixture in the fridge or freezer (if you are impatient like me) for an hour or so. The mixture needs to be firm enough to roll into balls.
- After you remove the truffle filling from the freezer, roll it into balls. Then melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Use 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until all of the chips are melted.
- Dip the truffles into the melted chocolate (I normally use a spoon) and place them on parchment paper to set. If the weather is really hot where you are, you may have to place them in the fridge to set.
- Store these in the fridge, or freezer in air tight container.