Gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free muffins that are perfect when you are craving a muffin but need an allergen-friendly option. Best enjoyed warm with a cup of coffee or tea :-).
- ⅔ cup mashed ripe bananas (from about 2 large ripe bananas, with lots of brown spots)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Honey Sunflower Butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp table salt or fine sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup fruit jelly or jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a muffin tin, or line it with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mash two ripe bananas until they are creamy.
- Add the eggs, sunflower butter, honey, vanilla, and oil to the bananas. Whisk until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Gently mix the muffin batter with a large spoon or rubber spatula, just until you no longer see pockets of dry flour.
- Distribute the batter among the muffin tin, making sure each muffin isn’t filled more than about ⅔ full.
- Place about a teaspoon of jam on top of the center of each muffin. Use a toothpick or the tip of a knife to swirl the jam into the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool, then enjoy!