By Amanda - @amandaaanicole_
It's sugar cookie season! And here I have a DELIGHTFUL crowd pleaser made with Sugar Cookie Peanut. These are the best baked doughnut recipe you can imagine - and bonus, they're made with real, healthy ingredients - enjoy!
- 3/4 cup spelt flour (or all purpose flour, coconut flour, paleo flours, etc)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- About 3/4 cup Wild Friends Sugar Cookie Peanut Butter to spread on top
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease your mini doughnut pan with coconut oil. (If your pan is already non stick you can skip this step)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl using a fork or mixer: flour, baking powder, allspice, and salt.
- Using an electric hand mixer, mix in wet ingredients: milk, butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and the egg!
- Use a spoon to gently add the mixture into your donut pan, avoiding the middle so a hole will be visible once done! (I used my finger to swirl it in a circle to even it out)
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the sides of the donuts begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Once they’re just slightly warm, drizzle the sugar cookie peanut butter on top like frosting, and add any other toppings you may enjoy!