Snickers Peanut Butter Cups
This healthier candy is perfect for Halloween! It is a cross between a snickers and a peanut butter cup. I filled the inside with peanut butter caramel and peanuts! The caramel sauce is a raw, healthier caramel sauce made with dates! Yes, dates. Blend them smooth and add caramel extract – WAHLAH! You have a raw caramel sauce.
Recipe: (makes about 10 cups)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 & 1/2 cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon caramel extract
- 2 tablespoons Wild Friends Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Melt dark chocolate with coconut oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Place dates in a bowl and fill the bowl with warm water.
- Let dates soak for about an hour – this lets them get softer so it’s easier to blend!
- Drain dates and add to your blender with almond milk and caramel extract.
- Blend until smooth – you may need to stop the blender and move mixture around with a spoon – it will take some time to get smooth!
- In a separate bowl, add peanut butter and about ½ cup of the caramel sauce and mix together – store the rest in the fridge to add to your oatmeal, yogurt,
or for apples!
- Using mini cupcake liners, fill liners about ¼ full with melted chocolate and
- Using mini cupcake liners, fill liners about ¼ full with melted chocolate and place in the freezer for about 5 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Once chocolate is hardened, add about 1 teaspoon of caramel peanut butter mixture and top with a couple of peanuts.
- Top caramel and peanuts with more chocolate to cover, and place in the freezer again for about 20-30 minutes until all chocolate is hardened.
- Remove and enjoy!