By Season - @theholisticavocado
This cake is what I like to call a “snacking’ cake”. Why you might say? Because I find myself eating the dang thing all day long! It’s got the right amount of gooeyness but also holds up pretty well when you’re headed out the door with the quickness. It’s got loads of raspberries, toasted coconut, and yummy caramelized banana.
The Wild Friends Honey Sunflower Butter adds this amazing nuttiness that I can’t live without. But what makes me love this cake the most is it’s dairy free, vegan (if you substitute the ghee for coconut oil), and you would never know the difference!! I’ve been dairy free for awhile and experimenting with baking has been the most fun!
So next time you have some raspberries or banana to use up or your just in the mood for something semi-healthy to snack on, then give this cake a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Raspberry Banana Snacking Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Wild Friends Organic Honey Sunflower Butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup plant milk ( I used almond cashew milk)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ripe banana cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup organic raspberries
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside. In a small bowl mix together the wet ingredients until throughly combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix gently until no lumps are present. Pour the cake into the prepared pan and top with the banana, raspberries, and brown sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. After the first 10 minutes add the coconut flakes and continue baking.
If nut butters are your thing then you can save 20% off every order at their website with code “season20”. Their Peanut Cashew Super Butter is my all time fav, but find I will always go for some Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter!