By Allie - @thehealthmason
These cookies are a version of my staple Oatmeal Raisin cookies that we devour in a day every time I make a batch. I personally LOVE this peanut butter version, because they are hearty and so delicious. I have even been known to eat some for breakfast. Plus, you can feel good about eating them knowing they are gluten free AND vegan! What could be better than that?? I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon of almond flour
- 1 cup of gluten free rolled oats
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons of water. See note below.)
- ½ cup Wild Friends Classic Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or 5 tablespoons of coconut sugar (add an extra tablespoon of coconut sugar if you like your cookies a little sweeter)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Flax Egg Note: In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal and 3 tablespoons of water, mix with a fork and allow to sit for 5 minutes. The mixture will develop a gel/eggy consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your almond flour and oats. Quickly stir with a fork to remove all larger chunks from the almond flour. Once mixed, add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Using an ice cream scoop, measure out 2 tablespoon-sized dough balls. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place the balls approximately 1 inch apart. These will not spread too much.
- Once all the dough balls have been rolled out, use your hand to flatten and shape the cookies. They should be about 1/4 of an inch thick. Dough should make 10-12 cookies.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- It is important to let the cookies cool for 10-15 minutes after baking them. Due to the nature of the ingredients, they will seem crumbly and soft after removing them from the oven. I promise they'll stay together once they cool down a bit!
If you want to try out Wild Friends for yourself, use my code “Allie20” at checkout on their website for 20% off every order!