These healthified Peanut Butter Crispy Bars are the real deal! They are crispy, peanut buttery and topped off with a perfect layer of dark chocolate.
They're made with real-food ingredients that you can feel good about eating and serving to your friends and family.
For the bars
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 cups crispy puffed cereal
- 3/4 cup Wild Friends Classic Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the topping
- 1/2 cup Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup organic chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Melt the butter in a medium pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows, maple syrup, and the peanut butter. Stir constantly and melt completely.
- Once the mixture is melted add the cereal and stir together quickly.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment paper lined 9 inch cake pan. Press firmly into the pan. Let cool for about 20 minutes or so.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt together the ingredients for the topping. Stir about a minute longer until it’s thick and glossy.
- Pour the chocolate over the bars and spread to the edges. Sprinkle on some sea salt and then let the bars cool. (I popped them in the fridge for about 30 minutes ) Once cooled, cut into bars and enjoy!
By Season -- @theholisticavocado