By Jenna - @jenbenna
Who else is stoked about the new Wild Friends Nut Butter Oats flavors? I am already a huge fan of the super butter oats, so believe me, I was thrilled to see the new combos: Peanut Blueberry and Almond Cranberry. The latter has oats, cinnamon, and dried cranberries with a packet of the creamy almond butter. Peanut Blueberry has oats, cinnamon, and dried blueberries with a packet of the OG creamy peanut butter, and it’s the star of today’s recipe.
Now, if you didn’t know, you can make oatmeal, overnight oats, and a muffin out of the Wild Friends Nut Butter Oats. Today, I’m going to share my super simple recipe to make breakfast cookies out of the oats pack!
This recipe is gluten free and vegan, and you only need 4 ingredients besides the oatmeal cup, most of which you probably already have on hand.
Let’s dig in!
Recipe Yield: 12 cookies
- ½ cup pitted dates, soaked for ~10 minutes
- ½ spotty ripe medium banana
- 1 Wild Friends Peanut Butter Blueberry Nut Butter Oats
- ½ cup ground almond flour (you can make your own by throwing about ½ cup raw almonds in a food processor until fine)
- ~½ cup fresh blueberries
- Add dates to food processor and pulse until you are left with a sticky paste and small bits.
- Add banana and the peanut butter packet from your oats container. Be sure to really scrape out all that nutty goodness! Pulse and scrape down edges until combined.
- Add almond flour and entire contents of the oats cups and pulse until well incorporated. This should result in a sticky paste like consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and refrigerate the dough while the oven warms up.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp sized blobs and add a few blueberries to the mixture, rolling to incorporate into a ball shape. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Cookies won’t spread, so they can be close together just not touching.
- Bake for ~15 minutes, checking to make sure the bottoms don’t get too brown. Cool for a few minutes after you pull them out. These are best served fresh and warm!
Storage: Keep in an airtight container or use the oats container and store in refrigerator to keep them fresh.
If you want to try out Wild Friends for yourself, use my code "jenna20" at checkout on their website for 20% off every order!