By Danielle -- @wanderfully.wholesome
Okay so I think we can all agree that peanut butter, banana bread, and waffles are amazing on their own. But… what if… you combine them?!
That’s right! I decided to mix my three favorite things and create Peanut Butter Banana Bread Waffles! [now that’s a mouthful… literally]
Ever since I got my waffle iron, I’ve gotten pretty creative with what I can make into a dough form, only to come out seconds later with crispy ridges and a fluffy center [drooling yet?] Well, that was my exact inspiration for this recipe! If you can bake banana bread as a loaf or muffins, what’s stopping you from tossing it in a waffle iron and letting it work it’s magic?
So what do ya say, let’s get to the good stuff, shall we?
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Waffles
Makes 10 waffles
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (About 2 bananas)
- ¾ cup Wild Friends Classic Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat waffle iron on medium heat
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, coconut sugar, and cinnamon)
- In a separate bowl (or stand mixer), combine mashed banana, peanut butter, eggs, coconut oil, and coconut milk
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until fully incorporated
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the waffle iron for each waffle
- Carefully remove waffle from iron when ready, letting cool slightly before eating.
- Add on your favorite toppings! I went with sliced banana, peanut butter, and chocolate chips (because you can never have too much of those)
Be sure to use code DANIELLEW20 at wildfriendsfoods.com for 20% off your online order! [excludes sales items]