When I was in grad school, I lived off of energy bites from this cozy little coffee shop down the street. Since then, I quit eating them because none have even compared to how good those were. BUT these peanut butter and jelly bites have completely changed the game. I've always been a sucker for a pb&j...next to cereal, it was my favorite food growing up. Yep, I was a super healthy kid (lol)! These are insanely good. All ya need is peanut butter, jam, coconut oil, chia seeds, oat flour, almond flour, and vanilla protein. I used organic grape jam and vanilla protein and they turned out amazing!
These are insanely good and remind me of those delicious energy bites I used to buy! All you need is Wild Friends peanut butter, jam, coconut oil, chia seeds, oat flour, almond flour, and vanilla protein. I used organic grape jam and they turned out amazing!
Makes about 12 bites
- 1/2 cup Wild Friends Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup jam of choice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted (use refined to omit flavor)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. vanilla protein powder (your favorite brand!)
optional add-ins: dried fried
- Add the peanut butter, jam, coconut oil, and chia seeds to a large bowl. Stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the vanilla protein, almond flour, and oat flour. The mixture will seem dry initially, but keep stirring until fully incorporated. At this point, if it is too dry add more peanut butter or jam. If too wet add more oat flour.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.