Whether or not you're a protein bar kind of person, we think you'll love these! They're made with simple ingredients and are a super yummy way to sneak in a protein snack during the day.
- 1 cup Peanut Cashew Super Butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup protein powder (of your choice)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut cashew super butter, honey, and melted coconut oil until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the protein powder and almond flour. Mix with a large spoon or rubber spatula until it’s thick, slightly crumbly, and resembles cookie dough.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and gently press the mixture down with your hands to form an even layer.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt the chocolate on 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring after each time.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and spread it with the back of a spoon until it’s evenly coated.
- Optional: top the melted chocolate layer with chopped nuts or flaky sea salt.
- Store in the freezer for at least one hour. Then slice into bars and enjoy!
- When you first add the protein powder and flour, the mixture will be dry. Keep mixing with a large spoon for a minute or two, and it will become a soft, thick, hydrated mixture, resembling cookie dough.
- The bars will be difficult to cut or bite straight from the freezer. Allow them to warm up at room temperature for about 5 minutes before slicing or eating.