No-bake desserts and snacks are quickly becoming my favorite. They're SO easy to make, delicious, and you can make them healthier with nuts and dates. No need for processed flours and added sugar. One of my absolute favorite combos is dark chocolate and coconut. Those classic chocolate dipped macaroon cookies are what inspired these bars.
Dates, flaked coconut, chocolate coconut peanut butter (SO addicting and delicious), cashews, vanilla, sea salt, and dark chocolate are all you need to make these bars! I love keeping these refrigerated because they taste amazing cold. Whenever I need something a little sweet, they're ready and waiting for me in the fridge or freezer! They keep for a couple months in the freezer, and up to 2 weeks in the fridge. I hope you love them as much as I do!
- 1 heaping cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 15-18 dates)
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes, toasted (I just toast mine for a few minutes in a dry skillet until golden..be careful, they can burn quickly!)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3.2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped + extra for drizzling on top (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- extra toasted coconut for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment and spray with coconut oil looking spray. Set aside.
- To a food processor, add the cashews, half of the coconut, and a pinch of sea salt. Pulse until mixture turns into very fine crumbs. Add dates, Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter, and vanilla extract and blend until mixture forms a "dough". You may need to stir it a few times to help it along.
- Press crust mixture evenly into pan. Set aside.
- Add chopped dark chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until melted, stirring in between. Mine took 1 1/2 minutes. Pour chocolate over crust, and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Refrigerate bars until set, about an hour. Once set, drizzle with extra dark chocolate and sprinkle with extra toasted coconut if desired!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or freeze for longer!