By Jess - @jessalynn.forde
When I was little my mom would always let us help in the kitchen. I think that’s why I have such a love for cooking/baking. Whenever we’d make cookies we’d invite our neighbors over and we’d all be lined up in the kitchen in our little aprons ready to help. My mom would let us mix the cookie dough, eggs and all, with our tiny fingers. Made with love, and who knows what else, was probably why they tasted to great.
But, sometimes we didn’t have the time, or patience, to wait for chocolate chip cookies so, my mom was a HUGE fan of the classic no-bake cookie. Quick, yummy, sweet tooth solved. So, here’s a little (healthier) update to a childhood classic.
- 1/2 cup Wild Friends Classic Creamy Peanut Butter (+ extra for topping)
- 1/4 c honey *maple syrup for the vegan option
- 1/4 c coconut oil (I prefer to measure in the solid state)
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder (I used dark for this recipe but may not in the future, add a tad more honey to counter the bitter)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 c shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweet, your choice)
- Gather together all your ingredients and line flat surface. It can be a a baking sheet or even just your counter as they are no-bake cookies!
- In a saucepan, combine - nut butter, honey, coconut oil, and salt. Stir until melted together then add the vanilla and cocoa.
- Once that’s all combined, add in the oats and coconut ensuring it’s all evenly coated.
- Remove pan from heat and use a spoon to scoop out the size cookies you want! I did about 1 tbs portions and used my spoon to created a little crater in the middle.
- (Optional) Add a dollop of nut butter to the little hole and it’s like a reverse peanut butter cookie!
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until hardened, and enjoy!
*store in fridge in airtight container.
Want to try the Wild Friends? Use my code Jess20 at checkout on the Wild Friends website and save 20% of your order!