Hippie or not, I do make a mean batch of Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola. In fact, I throw a few heaping handfuls of this recipe into mason jars and give it away as gifts for every holiday. It is a huge hit among my family and close friends, and the only problem with this crunchy snack is it’s gone way too fast! One minute you’re reaching for the granola jar to steal another bite and the next, you’re hand hits the bottom of an empty jar!
This is definitely my most made recipe from my entire blog, but the funny story behind this recipe is that I never make it in my own kitchen. The first trial of this granola that I made nearly sent my sister into anaphylactic shock! With her pesky peanut allergy, my sis couldn’t take all of the wonderful peanut-y aromas that were released when this recipe was baking up in the oven. She was a trooper though, and patiently waited outside while the granola finished up. Can you say number one sister or what?! I learned my lesson that day, and from then on I've resorted to driving a few blocks a way to my grandparent's house to make some granola.
It is a true shame that my sister can’t enjoy the greatness of nut butter, but I sure do luck out because there’s always plenty of peanut buttery treats for me. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and please share your renditions with me through social media
(@thedancingfoodie27 on Instagram). Happy munching!
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups cornflakes
1⁄2 cup salted peanuts
1⁄2 cup Wild Friends peanut butter
1⁄2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl, combine oats, cornflakes, and peanuts.
2. Pour maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt into a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until smooth and runny.
3. Pour peanut butter mixture over your cereal mixture, ensuring to coat evenly.
4. Spread granola onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until just slightly brown on the edges.
5. Let granola cool completely before breaking into chunks. Enjoy!