By Season - @theholisticavocao
These bars are EVERYTHING. They have 3 delicious that make for the perfect bite every time. And the Gingerbread Peanut Butter really takes it to the next level.
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup flax seed, chia, hemp blend
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Pinch pink salt
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup Wild Friends Gingerbread Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/1 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 coconut condensed milk
CHOCOLATE GANACHE LAYER
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- Spray a 8 inch cake or loaf pan with a little bit of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the first 5 ingredients for the base layer. Pulse until combined.
- Add the dates and maple syrup, pulse to form a sticky paste. Press into the bottom is the loaf pan.
- Add all the ingredients for the caramel sauce into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Stopping to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Pour the caramel on top of the base layer and pop into the freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
- Add the chocolate and coconut milk to a heat proof bowl on top of a pan of simmering water.
- While stirring over medium heat, gently melt the chocolate and be careful to watch so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the ganache over the caramel layer. Put the pan back into the Freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer and using a warm knife to cut them into bars. Enjoy!