By Amanda - @amandaaanicole_
I think peanut butter makes just about everything better, including banana bread, but have you tried adding Gingerbread Peanut Butter to banana bread? If you are a peanut butter lover, you are going to go bananas for this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups paleo flour of your choice (I use sprouted spelt flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup mashed brown bananas (you will need 3 large brown bananas)
- 1/2 cup Wild Friends Gingerbread Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup organic butter, melted
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the peanut butter and melted butter and stir until combined.
Stir in the maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract, until smooth.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth, but don’t over-mix.
- Pour batter into your baking pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Check the bread at 50 minutes, just to be safe. Not everyone’s oven is the same!
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the pan. Let the bread cool on a cooling rack (your oven top Works too) until slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve!