By Melissa -- @melissasfoodfreedom
Rich cocoa, creamy almond butter and a shot of espresso— with a bit of banana for sweetness. This smoothie is pretty minimal and the consistency is thinner than most smoothies: but it shakes things up a bit to try a different sort of smoothie now and then!
- 2 Tbsp. Wild Friends Classic Creamy Almond Butter
- 3/4 C. vanilla yogurt (I use dairy-free!)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder (dutch full-fat cocoa for best flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs
- 6 almond milk ice cubes (use more for a thicker smoothie)
- 1 shot espresso or 40 mL strongly prepared coffee
- Blend all ingredients together and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs and stir a few in after blending for a “chocolate chip” version!
If you want to try out Wild Friends for yourself, use my code “melissasfoodfredom” at checkout on their website for 20% off every order!