By Season -- @theholisticavocado
Happy Spring! I am all about donuts when the warmer weather kicks in. I’m not really sure why, but hey, any chance to eat donuts is a win in my book (and my kids)!
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup peanut butter ( I used Wild Friends Peanut Cashew Super Butter)
- 10 oz good quality dark or semi sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- Start by preheating oven to 350F. Spray a donut pan with whatever oil you choose.
- In a small bowl mix together the almond milk and the lemon juice. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the ghee, coconut sugar, and maple syrup. Beat on low until mixed all together, about 2 minutes.
- On medium speed add the eggs mixing one at a time. Add the vanilla, almond milk, and peanut butter and then mix for another minute.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Carefully start adding the flour a little at a time. Mix on medium speed until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fill the donut pans with the dough and bake in the oven for 10- 12 minuets.
- While donuts are baking make the glaze.
- In the microwave or over a double broiler melt the chocolate and Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter together. Set aside until donuts are done.
- When they are done remove the donuts from oven and let cool for a couple mins before you take them out of the pan.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before you add the glaze otherwise it will just slide off your donuts. Nobody wants that!
- Add the glaze over top of each donut. And then melt the peanut butter and coconut oil together and drizzle however you like! Sprinkle on some edible glitter and now your fancy. Enjoy!
Want to try the Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter or discover a new favorite flavor? Use my code "Season20" at checkout on the Wild Friends website and save 20% of your order!