I call these oatmeal cookie bars because they are more like a cookie, but they’re filled with delicious Wild Friends chocolate coconut peanut butter. The oatmeal base is super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. The best kind of recipe!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cold & diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Add diced butter and vanilla extract.
- Use a pastry cutter to combine the dry ingredients with the butter until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Grease a baking dish and add half of the mixture to the bottom, flattening out and pressing down with your hands.
- Spread Wild Friends peanut butter over the bottom later – about ½ inch thick.
- Add the rest of the oatmeal mixture and press down.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until top becomes golden brown.
- Let cool, slice, and enjoy!