I don’t know about you, but I’ve always been one to spend time in the granola aisle checking to make sure the one I buy has quality ingredients, doesn’t overdo it on sugar, and has the kind of flavor that’s versatile enough to top smoothies, layer in parfaits… and let’s be real, eat by the handful!
I never knew how fun and easy it would be to create my own granola at home - filled with all the ingredients that I love and made just how I like it! (And that’s not even mentioning how much time this is about to save me at the grocery store)
This Chocolate Almond Coconut Granola is crunchy, almond-buttery goodness and I dare you not to eat it by the handful when it comes out warm from the oven!
Makes about 3 ½ cups of granola
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- ½ cup Wild Friends Chocolate Almond Butter
- 4 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- ⅛ cup coconut sugar
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ whole raw almonds
- 2 cups oats (can use GF quick oats for gluten free option)
- ⅛ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅛ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix Chocolate almond butter, melted coconut oil, and sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir in all other ingredients until fully coated in mixture
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread granola evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, checking periodically to stir it around on the sheet and avoid burning (especially important to keep an eye on it the last 10 minutes).
Enjoy your homemade granola on smoothies, yogurt parfaits, or with your favorite snack!