By Jayme -- @fit_n_clean_mama
If you haven’t guessed yet, I’m a HUGE fan of chocolate. And nut butter. And banana. Those are basically my trifecta for living my best life.
So, of course, I’ve whipped up another sweet recipe for y’all using my three loves. These CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS are a crazy easy to whip up, only use one bowl (#hollaaa), and even freeze/thaw well for an easy and quick breakfast idea.
I used Wild Friends’ Chocolate Almond Butter for this recipe because it’s perfectly sweetened, has a super smooth texture so it blends into the batter easily, and…well, it’s flippin’ DELICIOUS. Seriously, for those of you who think you don’t like almond butter, you haven’t tried this one (or the Almond Cashew Super Butter – but don’t even get me started on that one!).
Ok, back to these gloriously chocolatey muffins.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 C Wild Friends Chocolate Almond Butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 scoop (about 28g) protein powder of choice (preferably a collagen or whey isolate protein, because these make the muffins “spongey-er”)
- 2-3 Tbsp mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, mash bananas till mostly smooth.
- Whisk in the rest of your ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Pour into lined/sprayed muffin tins.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then slather with even more Chocolate Almond Butter (this is mandatory).
If you want to try out Wild Friends for yourself, use my code “jayme20” at checkout on their website for 20% off every order!