A delicious gluten free berry skillet recipe to make with fresh (or frozen!) berries. We highly recommend serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of our Chocolate Almond Butter :-).
- 4 cups strawberries (about 2 pints)
- 4 cups of blueberries (about 2 pints)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup gluten free flour blend
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Chocolate Almond Butter (plus extra for drizzling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet or an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with a little coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Wash the berries. Cut off the green tops from the strawberries and slice any really large strawberries into halves or quarters.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the rolled oats, gluten free flour, salt, and cinnamon. Add the melted coconut oil and almond butter, and mix with a large spoon until it resembles a really chunky oat cookie dough.
- Spread the berries into the skillet or baking dish. Then scatter the topping evenly over the fruit. Tap the dish a few times on the counter to settle the crumble topping.
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes, until the topping is golden brown, and the fruit is tender and pierced with a fork.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing into it. Drizzle with extra Chocolate Almond Butter.