I use to hate oatmeal. I use to think it was a total “grandma” food. I guess now you can say it proved me otherwise or I just turned into a grandma. Who knows?? :’) I typically cook oatmeal on the stovetop or make overnight oats since it’s easiest. However, this morning – I decided to bake it to give it a try. DANG, it totally ignited my taste buds!
When I baked it, it was super moist (sorry if you hate that word), stayed warm for a long time & had a nice crisp on the outside. I added mashed banana, fresh blueberries and almond butter into the baked oatmeal – naturally sweetened with fresh fruit w/ some creaminess. That’s what I like (Bruno Mars reference).
It was so good I might make the same breakfast again REAL soon. I am a meal repeater and I have no shame – if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it :’) Recipe deets below!
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp Wild Friends Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk (I used Califia Farms Vanilla Almond Milk)
- 1/2 cup oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quick Cooking Oats)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp coconut flakes (and more for sprinkling)
- Extra almond butter on top
- Preheat over to 350 F.
- Mix together mashed banana, blueberries, almond butter & almond milk.
- In another small bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and coconut flakes.
- Add banana mixture into dry mixture and pour in ramekin (mine was 3.5″ diameter – from Crate and Barrel – Small Ramekin)
- Top with extra coconut flakes and other toppings of choice.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top slightly browns.
- When out the oven, top with more almond butter & slice some fresh bananas on top. Dig in while it’s still warm!
Make sure your ramekin is oven safe before using!