As a surgery resident in NYC Adriana is practically always eating on the go! Here are her ten tips for making it as easy as she makes it look!
1.Eating healthy on the go isn’t hard when you reserve a little weekend time to plan and prep. Roast veggies, bake various protein sources and chop salads in advanced.
2. For a great source of antioxidants triple your favorite smoothie blend then divide this between several zip lock bags. Store in freezer. In the morning, simply pop into the blender and enjoy.
3. Keep Mason jars on hand. From Siggi’s yogurt fruit parfaits, overnight oats to salads. You can pack just about anything you craft in them.
4. Make no-bake protein balls. They are the perfect little source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Plus they are so fun to make!
5. Make use of leftovers. Think about all the wonderful things you can do with leftover Thanksgiving turkey and apply this to your lunches. I love prepping salads with leftover chicken breast or turkey. To be used later on in sandwiches, wraps or salads.
6. Pack snacks. Snacking options are endless! Wild friends on the go packs are super convenient when paired with sliced apples. Other favorites of mine are protein bars, almonds and cashews, trail mix, bananas, hummus and carrots or fruit.
7. The oven is your friend, bake in batches! Bake a batch of blueberry oatmeal, paleo banana bread, breakfast zucchini muffins or chai oatmeal cookies.
8. Hydration - make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day since often times thirst can be confused for hunger.
9. Chop ahead of time. Chop colorful peppers, onions, celery and carrots. Store in various Tupperware which can be mixed and matched along with a source of protein on weekdays.
10. Suit up! My final tip is fairly simple but a key component to a stress-free week. Once finished prepping, place eats in different tubs, pour dressings in small containers, gather utensils and napkins, fill zip locks with nuts and snacks. Pack everything in a tote or lunch box which you can swiftly pick out of the fridge a minute before heading out of the door.